June 13, 2012

Ride Like the Wind

Heading back toward our starting point tonight, a ride buddy asked if I thought it was windy. "No," I replied, "the air is quite still." We were generating the breeze.

Climbing Sanborn Road is anything but a breeze. Steep hills are always more intimidating when the road stretches up straight in front of you. It was a treat to ride it as the evening cooled down, rather than in the heat of the day, even though it meant tangling with the tail end of the weekday commute traffic. Rocketing back down the hill, though, was the tastier treat.

The hill was tough, but tougher still was resisting the urge to indulge in the tastiest treat of all: an ice cream cone. Dinner was enough. Another family strolls past our table. That looks so creamy, I wonder what flavor? More calories in one scoop than I just burned on the bike? Surprisingly, not true! Aha! Next week I'll know better.

No comments:

Post a Comment