January 17, 2024

Water, Always

I'd suggested an easy, post-lunch stroll up the trail alongside Los Gatos Creek, perhaps turning back before reaching Lexington Reservoir. [I should have known better.] No mud today, I'd insisted.

Leaving the cafe, I wondered if I should have opted for a bottle of water that I could have carried with me ... but we weren't going for a real hike. [Were we?]

I didn't start tracking our “hike” until we left the reservoir, expecting we'd make a direct return on the other side of the creek. [Wouldn't we?]

“Let's go up St. Joseph's Hill,” my companion suggested, seeking a real hike after all. [I should have known.]

I'd only been up here once before, and that was ... more than 20 years ago. [Really?!]

The day was clear(ish). Certainly clearer than two days ago. By the time we finished, we'd covered more than eight miles. With hydration, I would have been happier.

Carry water. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment