September 15, 2023

A Rare Breed

Our little group of Friday friends was up for a more ambitious ride today: past the Calero Reservoir, over Bailey to the Coyote Creek Trail before stopping for a treat on the return leg.
A man approached me as I headed back toward the table where we'd gathered for our coffee stop. What was on his mind?

“You're a rare breed,” he said. I imagined he was surprised to see four older folks on bicycles, but that wasn't it.

I gave him a quizzical look. “You waited, and held the door open for that guy!”

“It's the courteous thing to do. I bet you do the same,” I said. He smiled.

By riding to and from our rendezvous point, I finished with a healthy 39 miles and about 1,000 feet of climbing. More to the point, I've been enjoying these relaxed Friday rides. There are times for vigorous workouts, and there are times (and places) to be social and just have a good time. Like today!

No comments:

Post a Comment