April 5, 2023

Sculpterra Loop

Day two. No recovery day, this. But there would be poppies!

Given my (un)fitness level, I knew it would be challenging to ride three days in a row; my body confirmed that this morning. Our social group was planning a 48-mile outing. [Ebikes.] I noticed that the route had an inner loop; skipping that (however beautiful it might be) made the day more manageable for me. Before we had GPS routes to preview, I would have soldiered on (and suffered).

I was glad that I'd previewed the route before we started, noting that we'd be taking the first left after crossing 101 (for a pit stop at Templeton Park). As happened yesterday, a couple of riders missed the turn and strayed off course.

One rider was glad to join me, and by the time we reached the Sculpterra Winery we were both more than ready to see it.
Our stray riders caught up to us, and after picnicking I led them back to town before the rest of the pack arrived. [No more wrong turns.]

Back at the Inn, I was surprised to see a couple of glum riders from the more aggressive group; their planned route had been thwarted by a road closure, and they didn't work out an alternative. For sure, I'd had more fun today: 40 miles and about 2,000 feet of climbing.

I don't mind being a slowpoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment