July 25, 2021

WFH: Week Seventy-Two

Welcome to the workplace.

I found the tattered balloon arch ironically fitting (though I'm sure they meant well).

We now have the option to return to the office, and a few of my colleagues had eagerly done so. (Not I.)

Despite all the protocols (e.g., complete a survey each day, attesting to your lack of symptoms or exposure), within the first three days some had received messages that a person who'd visited the same building on the same day had tested positive for Covid-19.

I spent no more than a few (masked) minutes indoors. I cleaned up my desk; after 15 months, surely I didn't need whatever papers were still scattered there.

I ate my lunch outside, alone. And was pleased to enjoy a walk through a now-thriving restored natural habitat.

A few days later, I received a message that someone who'd visited one of the same buildings had tested positive ...

No comments:

Post a Comment