July 31, 2021

The Longest Mile

Oh, the pain.

Somehow I managed to be faster, today, than on previous ascents. Truthfully, climbing Reynolds wasn't as arduous as I expected. I was surprised to hear my fellow riders chatting before I rounded the last bend; surely I wasn't that close? [Yup, I was.]

Overall I completed 18 miles and climbed 1,910 feet, but Reynolds always feels longer than it is.

A social group today, we wended our way into town for those who wanted coffee. A parrot perched on a nearby table next to its human (clearly identifiable by the feather tucked into the band of his hat). An unstable guy bobbled and babbled in the street, slinging a boombox and taunting traffic. Who knew that our bustling little downtown would be so entertaining on a Saturday afternoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment