January 8, 2022

Muddy Waters

The last time I biked past Chesbro Reservoir, there was so little water that I couldn't bring myself to take a picture.
The brown water was a welcome sight! Even though it's been more than a week since we've had any real rainfall, sediment carried by the inflow hasn't yet settled out.

My ride buddy and I were of the same mind today—follow the route that skips the last two hills, which we'd just climbed a few weeks ago.

Coyote Creek was flowing fast and the water level was high; I wondered whether we'd be forced to detour. [Yes.] We were somewhat curious to see whether the trail really was still flooded, but not curious enough to bike past the barrier and have to turn back.

Our ride leader was surprised that we'd gotten ahead of the group after we rolled out together. I've shared my route variation with him before, and now have shared it again. Next time, maybe I need to lead an expedition into the Unknown Territory.

A pleasant 39 miles and 860 feet of climbing, though oddly chillier (at times) as the day wore on.

No comments:

Post a Comment