April 10, 2021

Right Place, Right Tom

A lucky day for another trip up Bernal—just in time to admire a couple of wild toms strutting their stuff.

As we continued with the rest of our route, well behind the rest of our group, we found ourselves mixing it up with Too. Much. Traffic. Too Much Fast-Moving Traffic.

I wanted to do this ride today because I expected we'd find the peak of spring wildflowers along the route. (And, we did.)

The wildlife was a bonus. The deer weren't much troubled by my presence.

We were relieved that the forecasted headwind was not as fierce as predicted. A field full of poppies stopped us in our tracks; evidently this was the first time we have taken the trail at this time of year. Now, we know.

I managed to achieve new personal best times on both the Bernal and Bailey climbs today! My after-work ride routine is paying off (last week, more than 137 miles). With today's 41 miles (and 1,500 feet of climbing), I closed out this week with more than 142 miles. Training works.

No comments:

Post a Comment