July 15, 2019

Mergozzo

The agenda for today was a hike, which turned out to be more of a  meandering stroll through the nearby lakeside town of Mergozzo.

We visited the parish church, which has a lovely vaulted ceiling that we could not see (but Night Sight could). Sources seem to vary, but much of the building dates back to the 17th century.

We walked down a street adorned with translucent pastel umbrellas that made me think of jellyfish. Seems like it would be particularly drippy on a rainy day.

Of course we found a café where we could enjoy a snack and a view of the lake.

A few of us embarked on another stroll after returning to our home base in Baveno.

That stained-glass dome overhead in the lobby ... is not the only one in our hotel. [Wow.]

We wandered through a residential neighborhood on the hillside above the lake. Would I ever tire of that view? [No.]

The needles on this tree are so tightly packed that the branches look bare, from a distance.

Do the locals appreciate the stunning beauty that surrounds them? [I hope so.]

Watching the evening light fade at the water's edge was totally worth all the mosquito bites I collected.

From my balcony, I watched the full moon rise above the clouds. I can't think of a better place to be, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment