February 6, 2024

Oh, Snap!

Well, that's a problem.

I had regretted not riding on Saturday, when the rain arrived much later than expected. I was determined to ride today, but once I got a good look at the menacing clouds, I wondered if I'd chosen poorly. Clinging to the western hills, I hoped they were releasing moisture there (and only there).

Fortunately, I did stay dry. Whenever the sun broke through, I was too warm; but mostly the clouds kept me well-chilled.

Sunday's storm was characterized as a bomb cyclone; I stayed safely indoors. Prepared for the inevitable outage, I lucked out and only lost power for about five hours. Many of my neighbors did not fare so well—some were in the dark (and cold) until this afternoon.

Cruising around today, I was surprised not to see more damage along my 29-mile route: Two fallen trees on front lawns, mostly twigs and small bits of debris in the bike lanes. And then, well, that utility pole ...

More rain tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment