December 31, 2023

The Year That . . .

I stopped working. Abruptly.
I cycled more than 2,200 miles, climbing over 70,000 feet, on 85 rides.

I visited Chico for the first time, to enjoy their Wildflower bike event.

I raised money for Best Buddies and biked in the California Challenge (formerly Hearst Castle Challenge), for the 17th consecutive year. I also raised money and rode in the MS Society's Waves to Wine event (for the first time since 2006).

I contibuted my time to six volunteer opportunities, mostly outdoors.

I completed 41 hikes, trekking more than 200 (mostly hilly) miles in regional (and state) parks and preserves.

I shared so many of these adventures with a widening circle of friends, and honored the memory of two that we lost.

I explored the natural world at a deeper level, becoming an enthusiastic member of the global iNaturalist community.

The year that was . . . 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment