January 28, 2023

Two-fer

Today is the first day of the rest of my life ... [Well, technically the next phase of my life began eight days ago, with the unexpected end of my professional, working life.] It's all play, now (or so I'm told).

What's better than a bike ride, on a sunny day, to raise one's spirits?

I crafted a route suitable to share with a former teammate, met up and led the way to the end of CaƱada Road. The distance, and hilliness, was just right. Given the lingering effects of recent storms, I guessed (correctly) that these roads would be clear (enough). A little work in progress to clear mudslides led to some short delays, but we were not beholden to a schedule.

In addition to more water in the Crystal Springs Reservoir than I can recall ever seeing, there were a couple of surprises in store at the Pulgas Water Temple. A stream of Hetch Hetchy water was flowing out into the reservoir, after spraying into the far end of the reflecting pool.
Having completed 35 miles with ~1,500 feet of climbing on Wednesday, I revisited the area with my chief biking buddy on Saturday (shorter route, 24 miles with a bonus climb for ~1,100 feet of elevation gain).
Here's to a new perspective—the sky's the limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment