February 17, 2022

Flat-out Social

A girl needs a day off, now and then. Like today.

A social ride on our club's calendar fit the bill. Our leader has a regular following, but since she focuses on weekday rides her routes are often new to me.

Without a cue sheet or map, we trail along like good little ducklings. These outings typically (always?) involve a coffee stop, and today was no exception. [Except, I'm not a coffee person.]

Heading back, there were sudden calls to stop. “Why do I always get a flat on your rides?!” one guy exclaimed.

We chatted some more as we waited for the necessary repair to be completed, mostly not overseeing the operation. [No pressure.]

I could have returned via a more direct (shorter) route, but that wouldn't have been very social of me, now, would it?

In all, 32 miles and (maybe) 700 feet of climbing. Plus, a little adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment