August 10, 2019

Ribs!

Each year one of our members hosts an almost day-long barbecue as his team's fundraiser for the MS Society's Waves to Wine ride, and it's become a tradition for some club rides to meander over there.

I was well on my way to the starting point when it occurred to me that I'd left my donation check on the kitchen table. [Sigh.] Today's ride would be a little bit longer than I'd planned ...

Sometimes I find my fellow riders exasperating. Here they are, spread all over the road. Again.

After a nice ride with some mellow hills, I parted ways with the group to retrieve my donation. The roads were clogged with vehicles headed for the coast, so I was relieved to be pedaling past them. (Which was part of my motivation for leaving the car at home today.)

Our host was puzzled when I handed him the check. “How many plates do you want?!“ he asked. “Just one,” I smiled. [I had rounded up.]

The ribs were excellent, as always, and I arrived in time to chat with some of my riding companions. It was an unexpected treat to connect with some club members I haven't seen in some time, too.

49 miles, 2,160 feet of climbing (altogether) to earn those ribs!

No comments:

Post a Comment