July 9, 2017

Test Ride

I have an idea for a (flat) ride, and I've been mulling over the route. Much of it will be on trails. Technically, five trails.

It's more fun to ride with a buddy, so I persuaded a friend to be my test rider. Knowing that a portion of the trail might get pretty rough (it did), I opted to ride my hybrid on this exploratory tour. (I'll  route to avoid that stretch in the future, which is exactly why I wanted to do a test ride.)

Levi's Stadium from the San Tomas Aquino Trail, Santa Clara, California
We'll pass Levi's Stadium.

Great blue heron in flight over San Francisco Bay, Sunnyvale, California
We'll skirt along the marshland at the edge of San Francisco Bay.

Android Sculpture Garden, Google Visitor Center, Mountain View, California
We'll even pay a visit to the Garden of Tasty Treats.

The hybrid's too heavy to load into my car, so I rode to the start (and, back home)—57 miles in all, with 880 feet of climbing. Watch this space; actual ride coming ... soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment