June 16, 2017

Last Call

What happens if you build an office park in the middle of a freeway interchange?

We're about to find out.

Although I've worked for the same company for more than a decade now, I've hung my helmet in many different buildings (five, to be exact). Next week, make that six.

This time, my team is being shunted to a satellite campus in a neighboring city. And there are many things I will miss: the views, the green space, the straightforward commute.

Today was my last chance to bike the familiar route. I was a bit of a greyhound this morning, averaging more than 14 mph to arrive in time to get cleaned up before my first meeting (9 a.m.).

Great Egret preparing to land in a treetop, Mountain View, California
I routed myself through the egret rookery, raucous in the early morning. On the way home, I dawdled.

Riparian corridor of Stevens Creek, hills of the Diablo Range in the distance, Stevens Creek Trail, Mountain View, California
Much of the route to our new location will remain the same; overall, it will be a bit shorter. It's the last mile that will be a challenge.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment