August 15, 2012

Sleepy Ride

I confess that I felt more like taking a nap than climbing on my bicycle at the end of the day (which explains why I felt even more sluggish than usual). Or was there something in the air? A glance in my rear view mirror at one point caught a fellow cyclist in mid-yawn.

A short and moderate route attracted a large and varied group; several of the more capable riders graciously backtracked on the hills to look after our stragglers.

Daylight fades faster now, and the sun slips earlier behind the hills. We visited the century-old estate of a former senator, given for all of us to enjoy as a public park. With more hills to climb before sunset, though, we could not linger at Villa Montalvo tonight.

We were tired and we were slow, but we were out there on our bicycles.

No comments:

Post a Comment