February 25, 2012

One Lone Leader

Daffodils. Blossoming trees. Has Spring arrived?

The brisk wind reminded us that the proper season is Winter.

When leading rides for the club, I prefer to share the duties with a co-leader. (Having two responsible adults is a good thing.) As fate would have it, I was forced to miss our last ride and my co-leader was forced to miss our next one. [Today.]

Our modest route drew quite a crowd, with a plurality of strong riders. Content to bring up the rear, I looked after one who was new to the club. I hope he was not expecting a flat ride ...

Twenty-one miles, with a bit more climbing than I had guessed (2,695 feet). The ridge line we cruised under a clear blue sky is forecast to see a dusting of snow, a few days hence.

1 comment:

  1. If you would really have been in the rear, I wouldn't have gotten lost! All my fault of course for not taking a route sheet, or at least reading it carefully.

    ReplyDelete