November 14, 2015

Picture Perfect Pacific Coast

Apart from an evening reception at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, I didn't have a plan. I didn't really need one.

I found a place to park and started walking northwest along the coastal trail.

Waves break offshore, rocky tide pools still as glass, Pacific Grove, California
An approaching winter storm, promising rain tomorrow, churned up some big waves.

Sky turns pink as dusk approaches along the rocky coast, Pacific Grove, California
Estimating how long it would take to walk back to the Aquarium, I kept an eye on the time.

But then I kept walking, reaching Point Pinos at sunset.

Sun dipping below the horizon at Point Pinos, Pacific Grove, California
At a brisk pace under the darkening sky, I made it to the Aquarium just as the doors were opening.

Moon jellies, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Monterey, California
The best plan can be no plan at all.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful photos, as always. It has been too long since I visited, the last time with my Dad, who was bored after half an hour. I could spend half an hour just watching the tidal pool exhibit. I did bicycle out towards the Pacific on Thanksgiving, but of course by the time I ride there, I'm too tired to really see the ocean.

    ReplyDelete